There's this great misconception that the Internet has made everyone more productive. If your workplace doesn't monitor your activity, it's like letting you hang out in a Borders all day. Here are five websites I visit every day. You should too.
1) www.bartcop.com -- Bart's a crazy Okie who used to sell cars and has a serious bug up his ass about GW Bush. By the way, BFEE stands for "Bush Family Evil Empire".
2) www.therandirhodesshow.com -- Randi's a radio host out of Florida who broadcasts M-F from 3 to 7 p.m. I listen to her stream over the internet every day. Her shows are usually archived within a day or two so you can listen to her anytime.
She used to be on at the same time as Rush in Florida and she used to wipe the floor with him. Rumor is Clear Channel was looking to syndicate her and Rush threatened to quit if they did, thus putting the kibosh on Randi going national. You have to listen to her if you want to hear a real liberal who's a fighter.
3) www.talkingpointsmemo.com -- Josh Marshall's site with some of the best political commentary available.
4) www.littlesteven.com -- Ever hear "Little Steven's Underground Garage"? (It's on in RI on Sundays from 8-10 a.m. on WHJY.) Steven, star of the "Sopranos" and Bruce's sidekick, plays the best garage music of today and yesteryear. You can listen to the archives of the show at his site. It's what I'm listening to right now.
5) www.abcnews.com -- Visit ABC News and go to the politics section. Click on "The Note" every day to get a compilation of the best political reporting from around the country.
There are a bunch of other sites to visit like www.buzzflash.com, www.smirkingchimp.com, and www.hoopshype.com, but these are my five favorite.